Thanks to everyone who participated in our recent dev language poll.
According to David Menninger, VP and Research Director at Ventana Research: “67% of Hadoop users see the lack of real-time capabilities as the #1 technology obstacle in analyzing big data on Hadoop.” The thing is, from a broad based perspective, this is the age-old problem database tech pro’s and users have faced for decades: “I really need data in this system over here in that system…” and vice-versa.
I was surprised to see the survey results from a recent InformationWeek study on the interest in NoSQL offerings like Cassandra.
Fans of The Princess Bride will be quite familiar with this exchange: Vizzini: He didn’t fall?
Today, our friends at Calxeda announced their product line – EnergyCore processors – at an event at the Stanford Faculty Club in Palo Alto.
- Help for Moving to NoSQL and Cassandra from a Relational Database
- Five Minute Interview – Riptide IO
- Happy Anniversary – Cassandra Turns Five!
- What You Can Get For Free From DataStax
- Good morning, Manhattan
- Consistency and availability: having your cake and eating it, with Cassandra
- Third Iris Launches Growth Phase with Scalable DataStax NoSQL Solutions
- Introducing the DataStax Sandbox
- DataStax Appoints Tony Kavanagh as Chief Marketing Officer
- Google Makes Cassandra NoSQL Scream On Compute Engine