Fusion-io Inc. on Wednesday posted a fiscal first-quarter loss as revenue dropped 27 percent, and the flash storage-drive maker also said that two top executives are leaving.
DataStax Inc. said Silicon Valley veteran and former Fusion-IO Inc. executive Dennis Wolf will join the company as chief financial officer.
We’ve been documenting the implosion of Fusion-IO, a 2011 IPO darling and the employer of Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
London’s number one taxi app has come a long way in two years thanks to real time data analytics.
The broadcasting company also saw performance improve by ten times.
DataStax has announced its Startup Programme designed to allow “eligible startups” (by its own terms and classification) to deploy DataStax Enterprise (DSE) applications for free, along with a new DevCenter tool and free online training courses for Cassandra users.
A long-time Java advocate, University of Dundee lecturer Andy Cobley explains why he’s teaching Cassandra, the reason he hopes it doesn’t all go horribly wrong for NoSQL, and why he still stands behind Oracle’s platform, fifteen years down the line.
At the opening of the conference day at Cassandra Summit Europe 2013, Johnathan Ellis, Datastax CTO, made a point of positioning Apache Cassandra as an enterprise scalable database and one that scales in a linear fashion to massive scales.
- Five Minute Interview – Riptide IO
- Happy Anniversary – Cassandra Turns Five!
- What You Can Get For Free From DataStax
- Good morning, Manhattan
- Consistency and availability: having your cake and eating it, with Cassandra
- Third Iris Launches Growth Phase with Scalable DataStax NoSQL Solutions
- Introducing the DataStax Sandbox
- DataStax Appoints Tony Kavanagh as Chief Marketing Officer
- Google Makes Cassandra NoSQL Scream On Compute Engine
- Internet Identity gains speed, scalability, and security with Cassandra built by DataStax