Cassandra Summit 2013: That’s a Wrap!
I was blown away by the quality of the Cassandra Summit this week. The presentations were even better than I expected. Over 1100 attendees stressed the registration and room capacities, but the staff did a good job of holding things together.
Here are the slides from my keynote:
We’re working on getting videos up but it’s going to take a week or two. In the meantime, here’s some extra detail on the subjects I touched on:
- The University of Toronto benchmark from VLDB, and my commentary
- The Endpoint benchmark
- CQL collections
- Authentication and authorization
- The native protocol and drivers
- Request tracing, advanced tracing, and the queue antipattern
- Moving storage engine metadata off-heap
Stuff we haven’t written about yet, but will soon:
- Improved compaction throttling
- Eager retries
- CQL cursors