Locations of the Configuration Files
The configuration files, such as cassandra.yaml, are located in the following directories:
- Cassandra packaged installs: /etc/cassandra/conf
- Cassandra binary installs: <install_location>/conf
For DataStax Enterprise installs, see Configuration Files Locations.
Packaged Installs Directories
The packaged releases install into the following directories.
- /var/lib/cassandra (data directories)
- /var/log/cassandra (log directory)
- /var/run/cassandra (runtime files)
- /usr/share/cassandra (environment settings)
- /usr/share/cassandra/lib (JAR files)
- /usr/bin (binary files)
- /etc/cassandra (configuration files)
- /etc/init.d (service startup script)
- /etc/security/limits.d (cassandra user limits)
Binary Tarball Install Directories
The following directories are installed in the installation home directory.
- bin (utilities and start scripts)
- conf (configuration files and environment settings)
- interface (Thrift and Avro client APIs)
- javadoc (Cassandra Java API documentation)
- lib (JAR and license files)