The OpsCenter API facilitates the development of websites and programs to retrieve data and perform Cassandra administrative actions. The OpsCenter API includes RESTful requests for programmatically performing the same set of operations as the OpsCenter GUI.
The documentation includes examples of each API method and is organized as follows:
- Managing Clusters covers methods for getting information about clusters, such as seed hosts and the jmx port, adding a new cluster to OpsCenter, updating a cluster, and removing a cluster.
- Retrieving Cluster and Node Information describes methods for getting more information about clusters, such as the endpoint snitch and partitioner name, information about a particular cluster property, nodes in the cluster, and node properties.
- Performing Cluster Operations describes methods for performing garbage compaction, flushing memtables, and other administrative actions on nodes and keyspaces.
- Managing Keyspaces and Column Families describes keyspace and column family operations, such as creating new keyspaces and column families.
- Retrieving Metric Data explains how to measure the performance of clusters, nodes, and column families.
- Managing Events and Alerts includes documentation about methods for getting information about events and alerts and setting alert rules.
- Managing Schedules and Backups describes methods for scheduling and running a backup and getting information about existing snapshots.
This document contains the following sections: