Introduction to OpsCenter
At the top of every functional area of OpsCenter, you can access these functions:
- Add a cluster, the dialog for adding multiple clusters to OpsCenter to monitor. Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
- Feedback, an online form that sends your evaluation of OpsCenter or any comments to us.
- Report, information about clusters that OpsCenter manages in PDF format.
OpsCenter is divided into these main functional areas:
- Overview - Survey each cluster's Dashboard in this condensed view. Displayed when multiple clusters are present.
- Dashboard - View graphs of the most commonly watched Cassandra
- Cluster views - See your cluster from different perspectives and
perform certain maintenance operations on cluster nodes.
- Cluster administration - Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only. Add, modify, or remove a cluster from OpsCenter.
- Performance - Monitor a number of Cassandra cluster
performance metrics. Real-time and historical performance metrics are available
at different granularities: cluster-wide, per node, or per column family.
- Alerts - Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only. Configure
alert thresholds for a number of Cassandra cluster-wide, column family, and
operating system metrics.
- Data Backups - Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
Visually take, schedule, and manage backups across all registered clusters.
- Data Modeling - Define new keyspaces and column
- Data Explorer - Browse through column family data.
- Event Log - View the most recent OpsCenter log events, such as OpsCenter
start-up and shutdown.