Additional changes to Cassandra 1.2.
- Support for legacy tables.
- Option used to start cqlsh in CQL 2 mode.
- CLI command to query CQL 3 table.
- New syntax for setting compression and compaction.
- New compaction sub-properties for configuing the size-tiered bucketing process.
- Change to the default consistency level, now set in the driver instead of CQL or globally using cqlsh.
- Capability to drop a column from a table temporarily removed.
- Removal of The WITH CONSISTENCY LEVEL clause from CQL commands. Programmatically, you now set the consistency level in the driver. On the command line, you can use a new cqlsh CONSISTENCY command.
- As of Cassandra 1.2.3, CQL 3 supports blob constants.
- As of Cassandra 1.2.3, new functions convert native types to blobs and perform timeuuid conversions.
Attention: Be sure this document version matches your product version