Installing DataStax Community on any Linux-based platform
Install on all Linux-based platforms using a binary tarball.
Use this install for Mac OS X and platforms without package support, or if you do not have or want a root installation.
- Latest version of Oracle Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) 7. See Installing the JRE.
- Java Native Access (JNA) is required for production installations. See Installing the JNA.
- Python 2.6+ (needed if installing OpsCenter).
- If you are using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, you must update to JNA 3.4, as described in Installing the JNA using the binary tarball.
- If you are using an older RHEL-based Linux distribution, such as CentOS-5, you may see the following error: GLIBCXX_3.4.9 not found. You must replace the Snappy compression/decompression library (snappy-java-1.0.5.jar) with the snappy-java-126.96.36.199.jar.
The binary tarball runs as a stand-alone process.
In a terminal window:
Check which version of Java is installed by running the following
$ java -versionUse the latest version of Oracle Java 7 on all nodes.
Download the DataStax Community:
$ curl -L http://downloads.datastax.com/community/dsc.tar.gz | tar xzYou can also download from Planet Cassandra.
Go to the install directory:
$ cd dsc-cassandra-2.0.xThe distribution of Cassandra is ready for configuration.