Alter existing user options.
ALTER USER user_name WITH PASSWORD 'password' NOSUPERUSER | SUPERUSER
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
Superusers can change a user's password or superuser status. To prevent disabling all superusers, superusers cannot change their own superuser status. Ordinary users can change only their own password. Enclose the user name in single quotation marks if it contains non-alphanumeric characters. Enclose the password in single quotation marks.
ALTER USER moss WITH PASSWORD 'bestReceiver';