Drop the named index.
DROP INDEX name
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
A DROP INDEX statement removes an existing index. If the index was not given a name during creation, the index name is <table_name>_<column_name>_idx.
DROP INDEX user_state; DROP INDEX users_zip_idx;