Shows the Cassandra version, host, or data type assumptions for the current cqlsh client session.
SHOW VERSION | HOST | ASSUMPTIONS
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
A SHOW command displays this information about the current cqlsh client session:
- The version and build number of the connected Cassandra instance, as well as the CQL mode for cqlsh and the Thrift protocol used by the connected Cassandra instance.
- The host information of the Cassandra node that the cqlsh session is currently connected to.
- The data type assumptions for the current cqlsh session as specified by the ASSUME command.
SHOW VERSION; SHOW HOST; SHOW ASSUMPTIONS;