Remove a user.
DROP USER user_name
In the synopsis section of each statement, formatting has the following meaning:
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
DROP USER removes an existing user. You have to be logged in as a superuser to issue a DROP USER statement. A user cannot drop themselves.
Enclose the user name in single quotation marks only if it contains non-alphanumeric characters.