Executes a file containing CQL statements.
In the synopsis section of each statement, formatting has the following meaning:
- Uppercase means literal
- Lowercase means not literal
- Italics mean optional
- The pipe (|) symbol means OR or AND/OR
- Ellipsis (...) means repeatable
- « means a non-literal, open parenthesis used to indicate scope
- » means a non-literal, close parenthesis used to indicate scope
A semicolon that terminates CQL statements is not included in the synopsis.
To execute the contents of a file, specify the path of the file relative to the current directory. Enclose the file name in single quotation marks. The shorthand notation in this example is supported for referring to $HOME:
The output for each statement, if there is any, appears in turn, including any error messages. Errors do not abort execution of the file.
Alternatively, use the --file option to execute a file while starting CQL.