About DataStax Enterprise
DataStax Enterprise is a big data platform built on Apache Cassandra that manages real-time, analytics, and enterprise search data. DataStax Enterprise leverages Cassandra, Apache Hadoop, and Apache Solr to shift your focus from the data infrastructure to using your data strategically.
For a description about DataStax Enterprise's key features, see the DataStax Enterprise overview.
- Solr support for CQL 3, including tables having compound primary key columns and collections
- A new solrconfig.xml parameter queryExecutorThreads for configuring multithreaded filter queries, normal queries, and doc values facets
- Multithreading of DocSets created for certain queries
- Warming of Cassandra ring token fields in Lucene for faster queries on cold Lucene segments
- Capability to import data into DSE Search/Solr from data sources, such as XML and RDBMS, using a configuration-driven Data Import Handler
- OpsCenter 4.0
- The agent for OpsCenter is now included with the DataStax Enterprise install. It is called the DataStax Agent.
- Improvements in the UI such as ring view is split up by data center.
- SSL communication between opscenterd and the agents is now off by default.
- The Data Explorer is being deprecated in favor of DevCenter.
For a full list, see the OpsCenter release notes.