Installing DataStax Community on Windows
Install Cassandra and OpsCenter on 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008.
- 32-bit systems require the Visual C++ 2008 runtime (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)).
- Chrome or Firefox (for OpsCenter)
- OpenSSL: 0.9.8. (SSL is disabled by default; see Enabling SSL – Windows.)
Download the Windows installer for your platform from Planet Cassandra.
Choose either DataStax Community 2.0. or 2.1.
- Follow the DataStax Community setup wizard to install. During installation, accept the options to automatically start the services. This option starts the DataStax server, OpsCenter, and OpsCenter agent automatically when the installation completes (and whenever the computer reboots).
Accept the option to launch immediately.
OpsCenter is displayed.
If you have trouble:
- Check that the JAVA_HOME enviromential variable
points to either of the following (Cassandra requires Java 7):
- If nodetool does not
'nodetool' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Run nodetool commands from the installation directory:
$ cd \Program Files\DataStax Community\apache-cassandra\bin $ nodetool status
- OpsCenter does not start up:
- Check that the Cassandra and OpsCenter services are running. If
not, start them in the Control Panel.
- Check that the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed. If not, download and install the package from Microsoft.
- Check that the Cassandra and OpsCenter services are running. If not, start them in the Control Panel.
- The OpsCenter Agent service takes a long time to stop, be patient. Manually stopping the OpsCenter Agent service takes time.
- Check that the JAVA_HOME enviromential variable points to either of the following (Cassandra requires Java 7):