Listing of the available demos.
- Portfolio Manager demo using Spark or Portfolio Manager demo using DSE Hadoop - An application showing a sample mixed workload on a DataStax Enterprise cluster. The use case is a financial application where users can actively create and manage a portfolio of stocks.
- Solr Wikipedia demo - This demo application uses Wikipedia as an example of Solr capabilities.
- Weather Sensor demo - This demo allows you to run analytical queries with Hadoop and Spark against dynamically generated data for a number of weather sensors in different cities. It also includes a web interface for creating custom queries against the data.
- Hive example: Use a CQL composite partition key - This example first creates a CQL table, and then creates an external table in Hive that maps to the CQL table.
- Hive example: Work with an unsupported data type - DataStax Enterprise provides a user defined function (UDF) for converting Hive binary data into string representations of CQL types. In this example, you create a custom external table in Hive and map these types to binary.
- Pig demo - Uses sample data to illustrate using Pig in DataStax Enterprise. The examples in the topic show how to create a Pig relation and perform a simple MapReduce job.
- Log4j search demo - Shows an example of searching and filtering log4j messages generated by a standard Java application. This demo works best with two nodes, one for DataStax Enterprise and the other for Solr.
- Mahout demo - Using Mahout algorithms, this demo classifies historical time series data into categories based on whether the data has exhibited relatively stable behavior over a period of time.
- Sqoop demo - Shows an example of migrating the data from a MySQL table to text files in CFS. This demo requires Oracle JDK 1.6.x; the JRE alone will not work.
Attention: Be sure this document version matches your product version