These demos are part of the DataStax Enterprise documentation. They require additional
configuration and/or multiple node clusters.
- Hive example: shows you how to access data in
Cassandra using DataStax Enterprise's custom storage handler. This handler allows direct
access to data stored in Cassandra through Hive. In the example, you define a database in
Hive that maps to a keyspace in Cassandra.
- Pig demo: uses sample data to illustrate using Pig
in DataStax Enterprise. The examples in the topic show how to create a Pig relation and
perform a simple MapReduce job.
- Log4j search demo: shows an example of searching
and filtering log4j messages generated by a standard Java application. This demo works
best with two nodes, one for DataStax Enterprise and the other for Solr.
- Mahout demo: using Mahout algorithms, this demo
classifies historical time series data into categories based on whether the data has
exhibited relatively stable behavior over a period of time.
- Sqoop demo: shows an example of migrating the data
from a MySQL table to text files in CFS. This demo requires Oracle JDK 1.6.x; the JRE alone will not work.