The major areas of functionality.
At the top of every functional area of OpsCenter, you can access these functions:
- Create Cluster: create a cluster.
- Add a cluster: add clusters to OpsCenter to monitor. Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
- Feedback: an online form that sends your evaluation of OpsCenter or any comments to us.
- Report: information about clusters that OpsCenter manages in PDF format.
OpsCenter is divided into these main functional areas:
- Overview - Survey each cluster's Dashboard in this condensed view. Displayed when multiple clusters are present.
- Dashboard - View graphs of the most commonly watched Cassandra performance metrics.
- Software update notification - Be notified when an upgrade to OpsCenter or Cassandra or DSE on any of your clusters is available. The actual upgrade processes will be manual. When a new version is available a link at the top of the Dashboard appears. Clicking on it displays a dialog with a link to the new version of the software.
- Cluster - See your cluster from different perspectives and perform certain maintenance operations on cluster nodes.
- Cluster administration - Add, modify, or remove a cluster from OpsCenter. Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
- Performance - Monitor a number of Cassandra cluster performance metrics. Real-time and historical performance metrics are available at different granularities: cluster-wide, per node, or per column family.
- Alerts - Configure alert thresholds for a number of Cassandra cluster-wide, column family, and operating system metrics. Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
- Scehma - Create and manage keyspaces and the column families within them.
- Data backups - Visually take, schedule, and manage backups across all registered clusters. Restore to clusters from backups. Available in OpsCenter Enterprise Edition only.
- Data Explorer - Browse through column family data.
- Event Log - View the most recent OpsCenter log events, such as OpsCenter startup and shutdown.