Below are DataStax-supported tools and community client drivers/libraries for use with Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise.
DataStax Developer Tools
DataStax DevCenter is a visual query tool for Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise clusters. Note that you will need java installed and included in the system path. For Windows machine using 32-bit java, choose the 32-bit download.
By downloading and using DevCenter, you agree that your access to and use of DevCenter is governed by the terms applicable to Licensed Software under a “No-Fee” or “Trial” license under the DataStax End User General Terms provided, however that you may use the Licensed Software in production, not just for non-production evaluation purposes.
If you need any help getting your DevCenter running or have any questions regarding DevCenter, please send an email to email@example.com.
- DataStax Java Driver – for use with Apache Cassandra 1.2 and higher. Provides many enhanced features over community Java drivers and utilizes Cassandra’s binary protocol. API reference and programmer’s guide (HTML or PDF) are available.
- DataStax C# Driver – for use with Apache Cassandra 1.2 and higher. Provides many enhanced features over community C# drivers and utilizes Cassandra’s binary protocol. API reference and programmer’s guide (HTML or PDF) are available.
- ODBC Driver for Hive (32-bit and 64-bit) – for use with DataStax Enterprise. Allows ODBC-compliant tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc., to connect to Hadoop data stored in DataStax Enterprise via Hive. Documentation.
- ODBC Driver for Cassandra (beta) – for use with Apache Cassandra using CQL2 (not CQL3).
Below are community-supplied drivers for various development languages.
- Alia: Cassandra CQL3 client for Clojure wrapping datastax/java-driver. Documentation.
- Cassaforte: A Clojure wrapper over Datastax Java Driver. Documentation.
- CLJ-Hector: A simple Clojure client for Cassandra that wraps Hector. Documentation.
- Hayt: CQL3 DSL for Clojure. Documentation.
- gosql: Package gocql implements a fast and robust Cassandra client for the Go programming language. Documentation.
- Gossie: a Go library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Astyanax: Astyanax is a high level Java client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Hector: Hector is a high level Java client for Apache Cassandra. See Examples for more information.
- CQL | Java: A JDBC-compliant driver for Cassandra using CQL. Documentation.
- Kundera: serves as JPA Compliant mapping solution for NoSQL Datastores. Documentation.
- Easy Cassandra: uses the Thrift implementation and has like the main objective be one simple ORM. Documentation.
- Pelops: A simple Java driver. Documentation.
- PlayOrm: PlayORM is an object NoSQL mapping solution so you can write POJO’s and let it deal with all the details of marshalling/unmarshalling to Cassandra. Documentation.
- Storm-Cassandra: Integrates Storm and Cassandra by providing a generic and configurable backtype.storm.Bolt implementation that writes StormTuple objects to a Cassandra Column Family. Documentation.
- Aquiles: Aquiles is a .NET (v3.5 or above) Client for Apache Cassandra using the Thrift API. Documentation.
- Fluent: A fluent .NET client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandraemon: is LINQ Provider for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandra-sharp: is a .NET client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Net::Cassandra: provides an interface the to Cassandra and uses the Thrift interface. Documentation.
- libQTCassandra Repository: C++ wrapper library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Helenus: Node.js Bindings for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Node-cassandra-client: A Node.js CQL driver for Apache Cassandra 0.8 and later. Documentation.
- Cassandra::Simple: Easy to use, Perl oriented client interface to Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Perlcassa: Perlcassa is a native Perl client for interfacing with Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandra PHP Client Library: or CPCL for short allows for managing and querying your Cassandra cluster. Documentation.
- CQL | PHP: A CQL (Cassandra Query Language) driver for PHP using PDO. Documentation.
- Pandra: a lightweight PHP driver based create/read/update/delete (CRUD) layer for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- PHPcassa: PHPcassa is a PHP client library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- SimpleCassie: SimpleCassie is entirely stand-alone package, which wrap itself around Thrift libs. Documentation.
- CQL | Python: A DB-API 2.0 compliant client library for Cassandra/CQL. Documentation.
- cqlengine: A Cassandra CQL 3 bbject mapper for Python.
- Pycassa: is a python client library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Telephus: is a connection pooled, low-level client API for Cassandra in Twisted python. Documentation.
- Fauna: A Ruby client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- CQL | Ruby: A DBI-compatible Cassandra/CQL Driver for Ruby. Documentation.
- CQL-RB: A Cassandra CQL 3 binary protocol driver for Ruby. Documentation