Below are DataStax-supported and community client drivers/libraries for use with Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise.
- DataStax Java Driver – for use with Apache Cassandra 1.2 and higher. Provides many enhanced features over community Java drivers and utilizes Cassandra’s binary protocol. Documentation.
- ODBC Driver for Hive (32-bit and 64-bit) – for use with DataStax Enterprise. Allows ODBC-compliant tools such as Tableau, Microsoft Excel, etc., to connect to Hadoop data stored in DataStax Enterprise via Hive. Documentation.
- ODBC Driver for Cassandra (beta) – for use with Apache Cassandra using CQL2 (not CQL3).
Below are community-supplied drivers for various development languages.
- Astyanax: Astyanax is a high level Java client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Hector: Hector is a high level Java client for Apache Cassandra. See Examples for more information.
- CLJ-Hector: A simple Clojure client for Cassandra that wraps Hector. Documentation.
- CQL | Java: A JDBC-compliant driver for Cassandra using CQL. Documentation.
- Kundera: serves as JPA Compliant mapping solution for NoSQL Datastores. Documentation.
- Easy Cassandra: uses the Thrift implementation and has like the main objective be one simple ORM. Documentation.
- Pelops: A simple Java driver. Documentation.
- Storm-Cassandra: Integrates Storm and Cassandra by providing a generic and configurable backtype.storm.Bolt implementation that writes StormTuple objects to a Cassandra Column Family. Documentation.
- Aquiles: Aquiles is a .NET (v3.5 or above) Client for Apache Cassandra using the Thrift API. Documentation.
- Fluent: A fluent .NET client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandraemon: is LINQ Provider for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandra-sharp: is a .NET client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Net::Cassandra: provides an interface the to Cassandra and uses the Thrift interface. Documentation.
- libQTCassandra Repository: C++ wrapper library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Helenus: Node.js Bindings for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Node-cassandra-client: A Node.js CQL driver for Apache Cassandra 0.8 and later. Documentation.
- Cassandra::Simple: Easy to use, Perl oriented client interface to Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Perlcassa: Perlcassa is a native Perl client for interfacing with Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Cassandra PHP Client Library: or CPCL for short allows for managing and querying your Cassandra cluster. Documentation.
- CQL | PHP: A CQL (Cassandra Query Language) driver for PHP using PDO. Documentation.
- Pandra: a lightweight PHP driver based create/read/update/delete (CRUD) layer for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- PHPcassa: PHPcassa is a PHP client library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- SimpleCassie: SimpleCassie is entirely stand-alone package, which wrap itself around Thrift libs. Documentation.
- CQL | Python: A DB-API 2.0 compliant client library for Cassandra/CQL. Documentation.
- Pycassa: is a python client library for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- Telephus: is a connection pooled, low-level client API for Cassandra in Twisted python. Documentation.
- Fauna: A Ruby client for Apache Cassandra. Documentation.
- CQL | Ruby: A DBI-compatible Cassandra/CQL Driver for Ruby. Documentation.