“To do what we need to do today without Cassandra would cost a couple million dollars more and would be significantly harder to manage operationally.”
- Dave Connors, Vice President of Operations at Constant Contact
Constant Contact Tracks Millions of Messages Per Minute with DataStax
Industry: Online Marketing Services
Constant Contact needed a modern data management system that could scale beyond their legacy RDBMS, support multiple data centers, and provide a much better total cost of ownership. It found what it needed in DataStax Enterprise.
With more than half a million customers, Constant Contact provides online marketing tools, including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, local deals, digital storefronts, and online surveys to help small businesses generate new customers, repeat business, and referrals. The company consistently ranks as one of the top email senders worldwide, oftentimes placing as high as eight or nine among all global companies.
- Reliance on IBM DB2 relational database limited ability to scale to support high volumes of dynamic data
- Database limited storage of data for longer than 90 days
- Data-driven email messaging and social marketing services required continuous availability
- DataStax Enterprise for content storage and activity tracking by powering more than 10,000 one-to-one interactions between small businesses and customers daily
- Reduced operational costs by replacing expensive relational system with DataStax Enterprise
- Increased data workload capacity from several million database transactions per minute to more than 10x that amount
- Easily scale out on commodity hardware across multi-data centers
- Ensure 100% uptime of content storage and activity tracking engine