We've got some technical issues with cassandra data migration from version 0.6.1 to 1.0.8 and I would appreciate very much if someone helps me.
I tried to migrate data in 2 ways and both failed.
1. I stopped cassandra 1.0.8 server, deleted commitlog files, added *.Data files from cassandra 0.6.1 server and stared cassandra 1.0.8. I didn't get any error but neither I got the results I wanted.
2. I used sstables2json tool to export data from cassandra 0.6.1. For big sstables I got ouofmemory error, for small ones I succeeded to export data as json and store it in a file. I tried to import data from these json files on cassandra 1.0.8 using json2stable tool but I got exception like this:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: Non-hex characters in 8abbdda0-8141-11e0-9e5c-0019d10404cb
ERROR: Non-hex characters in 8abbdda0-8141-11e0-9e5c-0019d10404cb
The columnfamily on 0.6.1 is declared in storage-conf.xml as follows:
<ColumnFamily Name="MonitorResults" ColumnType="Super" CompareWith="UTF8Type" CompareSubcolumnsWith="UTF8Type"/>
On 1.0.8 I created the columnfamily from command-line client using the following command:
create column family MonitorResults with column_type=Super and comparator=UTF8Type and subcomparator=UTF8Type;