I am using the Community Edition 1.1.7 (currently on the website download) on Windows 7 64-bit. I get "Failed to connect to Localhost:7199 Connection refused" when I run "nodetool -h localhost ring". Looking at different blogs, most of people complained this problem happened in 1.1.3 but OK in 1.1.2. Even someone offered to get around in 1.1.3 by editing the cassandra-env.sh on line 180. It seems the cassandra-env.sh in 1.1.7 has the fix. So, why is not working in 1.1.7? Any suggestions?
In an effort to consolidate free help offered for our products we have decided to move these forums to a more widely used forum. Please use one of the following queries (or any combination):
- Cassandra: tag search or plain text search
- DataStax Enterprise: tag search or plain text search
- DataStax OpsCenter: tag search or plain text search
Failed to connect to Localhost:7199 in Community Edition 1.1.7 (nodetool -h localhost ring)(2 posts) (2 voices)
A couple of questions:
1) You are certain the cassandra process is running? Can you connect to thrift with the cli or cqlsh?
2) Do you have a firewall or anything that might be blocking port 7199? Can you connect to port 7199 with something like telnet? (I don't know what the windows equivalent of telnet is)
Also, the cassandra-env.sh script is only used on unix systems, so that won't have any effect here.