Ok... Very new to Cassandra. Still trying to wrap my head around how it works. Let me start with a super simple table.
This is a table matching car license plates to vehicle owners. Tag numbers are unique and will be the most looked-up value so that will be my primary key. For simplicity's sake, let's also assume people's names are a single word and unique as well. I get this:
Tag | Owner
211 | Jack
112 | David
313 | Suzanne
114 | Jack
227 | Mike
472 | Adam
552 | Mike
102 | Jason
As you can see, Jack and Mike both have two cars, and everyone else only has one.
Now, here are my questions:
* How would I get a list of all tag numbers in ascending order?
* How would I get a list of all tag numbers held by Jack? In ascending order?
* How would I get a list of all the owners in alphabetical order?
* What if this was on a web page showing 2 names at a time. How do I get the next two and so on? In order?
* Knowing I need the above information in the above forms in advance, how do I set this ColumnFamily (???) up in Cassandra in the most optimum fashion?
Thanks in advance for helping out a Cassandra noob!!!