DataStax Expands Operations in Germany With New Office in Berlin
New office and DataStax Day events in Munich and Frankfurt support rapidly growing customer and partner base
SANTA CLARA, CA AND BERLIN, GERMANY – November 29, 2016 – DataStax, the leading provider of database software for cloud applications based on Apache Cassandra™, today announced the opening of a new office in Berlin, Germany to support the increasing demand for the leading NoSQL technology DataStax Enterprise (DSE). As companies throughout Germany seek to transform customer experience with cloud applications that require real-time value at epic scale, DataStax’s presence in the region supports these organisations and their desire to build intelligent applications that create immediate responses that change business outcomes.
DataStax has more than twenty enterprise customers in the region building critical applications and next generation data infrastructures. Companies that rely on DSE include eBay, Netflix, ING and more. Over time, DataStax plans to expand the ecosystem of partners it works with to keep pace with customer demand for solutions and services built on DSE.
Alongside the new office opening, DataStax is hosting events for architects and IT professionals to learn more about the potential of cloud applications powered by DSE. These events will take place in Munich and Frankfurt during Q4 2016, and include a variety of speakers sharing their experiences around building and running mission-critical applications.
Topics covered at the events include:
- Real-time and Batch Analytics with DataStax Enterprise, Spark and Cassandra
- The use of graph databases and DSE Graph
- Real Time Business Intelligence with Cassandra, Kafka and Hadoop at Allianz Deutschland AG
To register for the DataStax Day event in Munich on 7th December 2016, please visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/datastax-day-munich-tickets-27748333011.
About DataStax Enterprise
DataStax Enterprise accelerates the ability to deliver real-time value at epic scale by providing a comprehensive and operationally simple data management layer with a unique always-on architecture built on Apache Cassandra™. DSE provides the distributed, responsive and intelligent foundation to build and run cloud applications.
DataStax Enterprise includes the following:
- Advanced Indexing and Search – DSE includes support for complex queries across database nodes, allowing applications to perform search requests across huge volumes of data. DSE makes it simple to target use cases that require indexing transactions, hosting product catalogs, or searching document repositories.
- Powerful Integrated Analytics – DSE includes integrated Apache Spark™ support for large scale data processing and analytics, allowing developers to construct analytic processes that interact with data across both streaming and batch workloads. DSE extends the functionality found in Apache SparkTM to eliminate points of failure, increase performance, and provide full integration with search and graph data.
- Multi-Model and Graph – Today’s applications have to consume data using a variety of different access patterns, which would previously require different database platforms for each pattern. DSE supports multiple data models including key-value, tabular, JSON/Document and graph, allowing company IT teams to consolidate on one scalable platform for their application data.
- Real-time monitoring, tuning and security management – DataStax Enterprise OpsCenter provides enterprises with a range of management services for their deployments, from intelligent cluster management and API integration through to automation of regular management tasks based on established best practices. Alongside this, DSE provides a set of security and access control tools to ensure that data remains secure.
“We are pleased to support enterprise architects and IT strategists in how they design the future for their companies, based on DataStax Enterprise. Our DataStax Day events in Germany, coupled with the new office in Berlin, demonstrate our commitment to expanding the understanding and use of cloud applications throughout the country. DataStax Enterprise helps organisations deliver the best possible customer experience, meeting their demands through search, analytics and performance design that scales up with their business operations,” said Steve van den Berg, Regional Vice President, Western Europe at DataStax.
DataStax, the leading provider of database software for cloud applications, accelerates the ability of enterprises, government agencies, and systems integrators to power the exploding number of cloud applications that require data distribution across datacenters and clouds, by using our secure, operationally simple platform built on Apache Cassandra™.
With more than 500 customers in over 50 countries, DataStax Enterprise is the database technology of choice for the world’s most innovative companies, such as Netflix, Safeway, ING, Adobe, Intuit, Target and eBay. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., DataStax is backed by industry-leading investors including Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital, Premji Invest and Scale Venture Partners. For more information, visit DataStax.com or follow us on @DataStax.