DataStax Simplifies Delivering Cloud Applications at Scale with DataStax Managed Cloud
- A fully-managed data platform built on the best distribution of Apache Cassandra™ that enables a faster time to market for customers
- DataStax Managed Cloud offers choice and flexibility allowing enterprises to achieve business goals faster and focus on driving innovation
- Available immediately on Amazon Web Services (AWS) with planned expansion to Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
SANTA CLARA, CA – May 23, 2017 – DataStax, the leader in data management for cloud applications, today announced the availability of DataStax Managed Cloud, a fully-managed service of the DataStax Enterprise (DSE) data platform, which makes it easier and faster for enterprises to deliver cloud applications at scale. DataStax Managed Cloud combines DSE in a white glove service featuring the company’s proven support and professional services, and technology and expertise from the recently acquired company DataScale to help enterprises make the most of their data infrastructures to achieve business goals faster and focus on driving innovation.
Click to tweet: .@DataStax simplifies delivering #cloud apps at scale with DataStax Managed Cloud ow.ly/eCqV30bX53f #poweringthemoment
“At DataStax, we understand the stakes are high for organizations to deliver engaging experiences in today’s right-now economy and we’re committed to helping our customers quickly get the best business returns from their data infrastructures,” said Billy Bosworth, CEO at DataStax. “DataStax Managed Cloud provides flexibility for our customers, which allows them to focus on higher-level pieces of their business. DataStax Managed Cloud makes our portfolio the most comprehensive in the data management industry and the most laser-focused on cloud applications that define computing today. I’m excited about what this means for DataStax and I’m even more excited about how this translates into real value for our customers.”
Introducing DataStax Managed Cloud
DataStax is focused on making powerful data management available to customers who want to take advantage of new technology options in an always-on, cloud-based, right-now economy. DataStax Managed Cloud eliminates the time spent on data management operations and allows customers to focus on their core business. DataStax Managed Cloud also provides customers with deployment flexibility in achieving real-time data management at scale in the cloud.
Key DataStax Managed Cloud benefits include:
- Focus on business innovation by allowing organizations to offload operations to DataStax, simplifying data management and reducing risk within an environment managed by experts. DataStax Managed Cloud lets customers easily scale data management as their business expands.
- Time-to-market acceleration on a single underlying data layer that can run both on-premises and on public clouds, which requires no re-write of applications against every cloud provider’s proprietary data services and allows organizations to create APIs and micro-services architectures for a consistent data layer
- Choice and flexibility to support hybrid architecture needs by extending your data management platform to fit your hybrid cloud architectures, span or migrate across infrastructure models with 100% compatibility while avoiding cloud vendor lock-in by retaining data autonomy. Customers also have the option to use the DSE Operations Service to increase operational effectiveness of their own private or public cloud environment of DSE.
“We have used DataStax Enterprise to provide the distributed, responsive and intelligent foundation we need to build and run cloud applications,” said Gene Stevens, CTO and Co-Founder, ProtectWise. “We see DataStax Managed Cloud offering flexibility to organizations across all industries who want to leverage a fully-managed database in order to focus on simplifying operations, driving innovation and achieving a faster time to market.”
DataStax Managed Cloud is available immediately on AWS with planned expansion to Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
It starts with a human desire, and when a universe of technology, devices and data aligns, it ends in a moment of fulfillment and insight. Billions of these moments occur each second around the globe. They are moments that can define an era, launch an innovation, and forever alter for the better how we relate to our environment. DataStax is the power behind the moment. Built on the unique architecture of Apache Cassandra™, DataStax Enterprise is the always-on data platform and has been battle-tested for the world’s most innovative, global applications.
With more than 500 customers in over 50 countries, DataStax provides data management to the world’s most innovative companies, such as Netflix, Safeway, ING, Adobe, Intuit, Target and eBay. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., DataStax is backed by industry-leading investors including Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital, Premji Invest and Scale Venture Partners. For more information, visit DataStax.com/customers or follow us on @DataStax.
For more information, please contact: