Independent Study Reveals the Critical Need for Real-Time Customer Experience Data Platforms
- 95% of organizations are currently unable to make sense of customer data and struggle to gain real-time insights from this data
- Almost 90% of organizations believe they would see notable improvements in their CX as a result of implementing an integrated CX data platform
- Organizations must prepare for the next evolution of personalization, which relies on individualization instead of segmentation
SANTA CLARA, CA – May 10, 2017 – DataStax, the leading provider of data management for cloud applications, today revealed the findings of a new commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Datastax. “The Evolution to Real-Time Customer Experience” study highlights the key role data platforms play in driving customer experiences. In fact, 95% of organizations that have implemented a CX data platform deem their CX strategy a success, compared to just 45% of those who have not. The Forrester report also details the need to move past personalization by segmentation. In order to meet consumer’s needs in real-time, organizations need a data platform that allows them to capture, assess and utilize individual customer behavior in real time.
DataStax also conducted a series of CX Executive Forums and Roundtables around the U.S. and Europe featuring Forrester analysts to explore the urgency and changing nature of market expectations surrounding CX.
Click to tweet: Commissioned @Forrester study provides the guidelines to ensure #CX success. @DataStax ow.ly/LBwa30bre0Q
“We live in a right-now economy, and deriving real-time insights and acting on customer data has never been more important for organizations to succeed,” said Billy Bosworth, CEO at DataStax. “We believe the results of this study reaffirm the concerns we’ve heard from our customers – that there is an immediate need to provide truly individualized customer experiences. By offering a complete CX data platform, DataStax provides critical technology to power the CX movement.”
Forrester’s in-depth survey of CX decision-makers regarding their CX initiatives yielded several important findings:
- CX decisions are not driven by real-time data. To engage customers in the moment, companies require data systems that provide insights in real time. However, 95% are unable to make sense of customer data and struggle to gain real-time insights from it. Thus, companies are hindered from serving customers in their immediate context, ultimately hurting their business results.
- Customer experience is not truly personalized. Today’s personalization efforts are haphazard. Companies rely on segmentation, use single data points, or provide no value when personalizing experiences, thus not doing so effectively. Companies need to make investments not in systems of engagement but in systems of insight, because a 360-degree view of the customer is a requirement to provide truly personalized experiences.
- CX data platforms are an imperative in the age of the customer. Most companies are investing in technology to improve their CX. Almost 90% of CX decision-makers believe they would see notable improvements in their CX as a result of implementing an integrated CX data platform. Those who have already implemented a CX data platform are more likely to have a successful CX strategy and effective personalization efforts. To provide truly personalized experiences, companies need a 360-degree view of the customer. 89% are investing in tools and technology to improve their CX initiatives.
”The Evolution to Real-Time Customer Experience” includes a survey of 206 executives and decision makers in marketing, communications, client services, e-commerce, and sales departments in the United States, United Kingdom, France, and Germany. The study outlines how the selected cross-industry organizations evaluate the success of CX initiatives and what companies can do to optimize these efforts. For more findings and to read Forrester’s recommendations, download the study here.
- Webinar on May 17: Customer Experience for the Right Now Economy
It starts with a human desire, and when a universe of technology, devices and data aligns, it ends in a moment of fulfillment and insight. Billions of these moments occur each second around the globe. They are moments that can define an era, launch an innovation, and forever alter for the better how we relate to our environment. DataStax is the power behind the moment. Built on the unique architecture of Apache Cassandra™, DataStax Enterprise is the always-on data platform and has been battle-tested for the world’s most innovative, global applications.
With more than 500 customers in over 50 countries, DataStax provides data management to the world’s most innovative companies, such as Netflix, Safeway, ING, Adobe, Intuit, Target and eBay. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., DataStax is backed by industry-leading investors including Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital, Premji Invest and Scale Venture Partners. For more information, visit DataStax.com/customers or follow us on @DataStax.
DataStax is a registered trademark of DataStax, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
For more information, please contact: