Cassandra Summit is back! Join us in San Jose, CA on March 13-14. Learn more.
If you’re a Java developer who uses the Spring ecosystem, you’ve probably seen the Spring Pet Clinic. Our example of the week is a new reactive implementation of the Pet Clinic backend that uses Spring WebFlux and Cassandra (via DataStax Astra). Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Updated Spring skills page now contains hands-on learning scenarios for the reactive app
- DataStax-Examples/Spring-petclinic-reactive (GitHub repo)
The new workshop on October 14 & 15 will guide you through building this app yourself.
- October 6: Workshop: Building a Realtime Event Driven API with Kafka and Cassandra
- October 7 & 8: Workshop: Building CRUD applications on Cassandra with Python and NodeJS
- October 12: Docker Learning Path (week 2 of a 4 week course - but you are free to join us at any time)
- October 14 & 15: Workshop: Build Reactive Java Applications with Spring
Community Highlights from Cassandra.Link
- Seattle Cassandra Users: Casquatch: An OSS Java Abstraction Layer for Cassandra
- Offline Cassandra log analysis with cassandra.vision
- Implementing Cassandra’s Gossip Protocol
Notable Software Releases