Luna Streaming Standard
For production environments of all sizesContact us
- Node-based pricing
- Unlimited data centers
- Unlimited tickets
- 24x7 coverage
- 1 hour urgent response time
Premium Support Add-On
An enterprise support partnershipContact us
- Access to Named Engineer/ Technical Account Manager
- 15 minute urgent response time
- Engineering escalation
- Community approved patch support
Event streaming is capturing and moving data from producers of data (microservices, consumer apps, IoT devices, etc.) to consumers of the data (other microservices, databases, apps). Messaging and streaming platforms are used to manage event streaming data.
Pulsar is a cloud-native, distributed messaging and streaming platform that manages hundreds of billions of events per day. Apache Pulsar has evolved extensively since its inception to meet the needs of real-time streaming use cases, including data pipelines and stream processing.
Common use cases are:
- Microservices use Apache Pulsar to communicate events and share states amongst them.
- Applications use Apache Pulsar to stay updated and consume data in real time.
- Data scientists use Pulsar to capture all events, process the data from the events, and build predictive models for insights and decisions
- Sensors & IoT devices stream raw sensor data from millions of devices with millions of readings per second using Apache Pulsar, and enrich that data with contextual information.
Pulsar is cloud-native, supports multi-data center active/active configurations, and is much easier to scale.
Luna Streaming is an entirely free, production-ready distribution of Apache Pulsar, with tools and expert support from DataStax. With Luna Streaming, customers can install and operate large-scale Apache Pulsar deployments with peace of mind.
Luna Streaming customers can develop and deploy real-time streaming applications with confidence. Customers can get best practices and advice for their large-scale Pulsar deployments. If an issue is encountered, DataStax is there to help with break/fix and performance tuning and other issues.
No, the Luna Streaming distribution of is always free. Our engineers provide critical patches when needed and validate installation and upgrade paths so there are no surprises when you upgrade to a newer version.
Yes. In fact, DataStax Luna Streaming is a key component of DataStax and brings in world-class expertise of DataStax engineers for enabling CDC use cases around advanced replication, full-text search, AI/ML, and more.
Yes. Luna Streaming covers Apache Pulsar running with any deployment model (e.g. on-premises, cloud, hybrid etc.).