Cassandra Summit 2013: That’s a Wrap!
I was blown away by the quality of the Cassandra Summit this week. The presentations were even better than I expected. Over 1100 attendees stressed the registration and room capacities, but the staff did a good job of holding things together.
Here are the slides from my keynote:
We're working on getting videos up but it's going to take a week or two. In the meantime, here's some extra detail on the subjects I touched on:
- The University of Toronto benchmark from VLDB, and my commentary
- The Endpoint benchmark
- CQL collections
- Authentication and authorization
- The native protocol and drivers
- Request tracing, advanced tracing, and the queue antipattern
- Moving storage engine metadata off-heap
Stuff we haven't written about yet, but will soon:
- Improved compaction throttling
- Eager retries
- CQL cursors
DataStax has many ways for you to advance in your career and knowledge.
You can take free classes, get certified, or read one of our many white papers.
register for classes
DBA's Guide to NoSQL