DataStax Graph Workshop and Hands-On Lab Got Graph? Get More from Your Connected Data - DC
Data Week DC, presented by Data Community DC, is on October 1-5, 2019 and is comprised of several events addressing the topics of interest to the communities served. We invite you to join your local DataStax experts on October 3 for a half-day workshop to learn how to get more value from your data by leveraging a relationship-first approach with a distributed graph database.
During the introduction, attendees will:
- Learn about practical use cases for distributed graph databases, and hear how solving graph problems requires more than just a graph database
- Walk through examples of graph applications and how graphs can easily adapt to evolving, complex, and disparate data sets to meet modern enterprise demands
- Learn how we leverage Apache Cassandra™ to power the world’s most scalable graphs
- Understand how modern graph applications leverage the naturally occurring relationships in your data, and are highly performant for use cases such as fraud prevention, customer 360, IoT, and recommendations
Following the morning session, DataStax technical experts will lead a hands-on workshop to get you started with your DataStax Graph deep dive.
- Use a ready-to-go cloud instance with DataStax Enterprise Graph and DataStax Studio to create a graph, define a schema, and load a data set
- Define the most common graph traversal patterns using the Gremlin graph traversal language
- Learn how to retrieve graph elements, look for shortest paths, extract subgraphs, and take advantage of both imperative and declarative traversals