DataStax News: Astra Streaming now GA with new built-in support for Kafka and RabbitMQ. Read the press release.
Social Media App using React, JAMStack and Astra DB
50 minutes, Advanced, Start Building
A simple Tik-Tok clone running on Astra DB that leverages the Document API.
Signup for DataStax Astra, or login to your already existing account.
Create an Astra DB Database if you don't already have one.
Create an Astra DB Keyspace called
sag_tiktokin your database.
Generate an Application Token with the role of
Database Administratorfor the Organization that your Astra DB is in.
Once the app is finished launching in the Gitpod IDE, copy the
env.examplefile to a file named
.envand fill the required values in from your Application Token and Astra DB connection settings.
Start the example by running
npm run devin the Gitpod console.
- (00:00) Introduction
- (03:05) Creating our Database on DataStax
- (06:52) Setting up our App
- (12:37) Routing Pages
- (18:02) Creating Components
- (28:32) Introduction to Data with Netlify and Stargate
- (30:10) Introduction to using the astrajs/collections
- (34:01) Posting data to our Database (creating dummy Tik Tok posts)
- (34:01) Adding authorization to access our Database
- (43:10) Getting data from our Database (getting all our Tik Tok posts)
- (50: 32) Viewing all our Data
- (51:56) Rendering components based on our Data
- (01:17:01) Editing our Data (following/unfollowing a user)
- (01:32:57) Adding new Data to our Database (creating a Tik Tok post)