Cloud-Native Workshop: Build a serverless game with the JAMStack!
Learn how to build a working party game with Netlify + React + Redux + Stargate
Free · Online Event
Calling full stack developers!
Join us as we show you how to build a serverless game with the JAMStack! #gamedevelopment
In this 2 hour hands-on workshop you will learn how to build a global scale hit party game with React, Netlify and Apache Cassandra™ and even get to deploy it publicly. Sounds cool, right?
We will take you through the tech stack and give you an understanding of the tools we are going to use - React for the Frontend, Redux for state management, Stargate & Astra for the backend, and of course Netlify for deployment.
We will then fully deploy your party game, so get ready for your first viral app!
You might think this is just another workshop. Think again! We do workshops differently - if you attend live you will get the chance to win some of our special Cassandra Community Swag. We will also offer you the choice of either:
1) a voucher that entitles you to take the Apache Cassandra™ certification exam for FREE! These are normally priced at $145 each!
2) $300 credit to use on Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. The perfect place to practice your new found Cassandra knowledge!
* In order to get the FREE certification voucher OR the credit, you need to attend the workshop LIVE and complete 1 of the hands-on exercises. You cannot receive both giveaways. *
What we will cover:
Section 1: Deployment + Front End Development!
First we will get your environment bootstrapped and will walk you through the stack so that you understand the tools we are going to use. At the end of this section your app will be coming alive and ready for deployment!
Section 2: State Management w/ Redux + Database calls
In this section you’ll get a better understanding of how React + Redux work together. We’ll show you how to run tests on your application before you finally deploy it publicly via Netlify!
Please note: There are multiple options available. The content is the SAME in all sessions. Register for the session most convenient for you.
Wednesday 24 February - 5:00pm UTC
(9am PT/12pm ET/5:00pm GMT)
Thursday 25 February - 8:00am UTC
(8:00am GMT/1:30pm IST/7:00pm AEDT)
You will not need to install anything during the workshop - We will be working from Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. If you want to get ahead of the game and save time during the workshop we recommend creating your account here. We will be using the Lifetime Free-Tier for all of the exercises.
- Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- YouTube Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop. You’ll find over 8500 other community members ready to chat in there too.
If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space