Cloud-Native Workshop: Apache Cassandra™ meets Kubernetes!
Come and meet K8ssandra! A cloud-native distribution of Apache Cassandra™ built for running on Kubernetes
Free · Online Event
Apache Cassandra™ is used in cloud-native applications that require resilience and scalability - and lots of it! With multiple nodes replicating data all the time, understanding the health of these systems requires advanced knowledge and tooling. Users could spend a lot of time investigating and exploring solutions to ensure operational stability of their C* clusters. But wait, deploying a scalable, elastic and self-healing data plane in Kubernetes should be easy...shouldn't it?
Thanks to a great community collaboration called K8ssandra, it has become exactly that - easy. K8ssandra is a production-ready platform for running Apache Cassandra™ on Kubernetes. K8ssandra looks to provide these solutions from the start in a simple easy to deploy package - this includes metrics, data anti-entropy services, and backup tooling.
Join the DataStax Developers as we introduce you to how Cassandra’s architecture and logical fault domains are complimented by Kubernetes - you’ll take a typical containerized application and deploy it with a fully automated data service backed by Apache Cassandra™. Come and see how you can move fast with confidence and very few trade-offs. Don’t miss it!
You might think this is just another workshop. Think again! We do workshops differently - if you attend live you will get the chance to win some of our special Cassandra Community Swag. We will also offer you the choice of either:
1) a voucher that entitles you to take the DataStax certification for Apache Cassandra™ exam for FREE! These are normally priced at $145 each!
2) $300 credit to use on Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. The perfect place to practice your new found Cassandra knowledge!
* In order to get the FREE certification voucher OR the credit, you need to attend the workshop LIVE and complete 1 of the hands-on exercises. You cannot receive both giveaways. *
Take a look at the video below:
Dates & Times
Please note: There are multiple options available. The content is the SAME in all sessions. Register for the session most convenient for you.
Wednesday 3 March - 5:00pm UTC
(9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT - see what time this is in local time)
Thursday 4 March- 8:00am UTC
(8am GMT / 1:30pm IST / 7pm AEDT - see what time this is in local time)
- You will not need to install anything during the workshop - We will be working from Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. We will be using the Lifetime Free-Tier for all of the exercises. Ensure you have a good internet connection.
- YouTube Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop. You’ll find over 9000 other community members ready to chat in there too.
- If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space