Cloud-native Workshop: Coding a Spring Microservice with a NoSQL DB and SDK
Tired of using different databases and different APIs depending on the work you're trying to get done? Well, come and meet Stargate...
Free · Online Event
Are you tired of using different databases and different APIs depending on the work that you are trying to get done? Are you fed up with “read the manual” fatigue and lengthy selection processes every time you want to create a new project?
Join the DataStax Developers as we show you how to code a Spring Microservices using Cassandra - the NoSQL database! You will also meet Stargate - a new open-source API framework to make your data available for you through whatever API you can dream up regardless of the backing datastore, providing support for both schemaless and stateless architecture through the use of APIs.
That’s not all...
How would you go about leveraging APIs with a Java Application? With the httpclient? Not anymore...with the AstraSdK, you can now use fluent code to store and retrieve objects at will.
It’s as easy as:
We will also provide you with a Spring Boot starter and more! Come and code with us in this brand new, 2-hour hands-on workshop!
- Stargate.io - why the project started and why it’s a game changer
- Connecting Apache Cassandra + Stargate
- Creating a Spring Boot from scratch (start.spring.io)
- Connect the application to Stargate/astra with Spring Data and the Astra SdK
- Create a web page listing values from the DB.
- Take home a working application!
If you attend live you will get the chance to win some of our special Cassandra Community Swag. We will also offer you the choice of either:
1) a voucher that entitles you to take the DataStax certification for Apache Cassandra™ exam for FREE! OR 2) $300 credit to use on Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. The perfect place to practice your new found Cassandra knowledge!
* In order to claim one of the giveaways, you will need to attend live. You cannot receive both giveaways. *
Please note: There are multiple options available. The content is the SAME in all sessions. Pick the 1 most convenient for you.
Wednesday 28 April:
9am Pacific Time |12pm Eastern Time | 6pm Europe
Thursday 29 April:
9am Europe | 12.30pm India | 5pm Australia
- You will not need to install anything during the workshop - We will be working from Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform - no credit card required
- Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop.
- If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space