Workshop - Introduction to NoSQL Databases!
Join us and discover the power of NoSQL Databases with this new hands-on workshop.
Free · Online Event
Please note: There are multiple options available. The content is the SAME in all sessions. Pick the 1 most convenient for you.
Wednesday 5 May:
9:30pm India |12pm Eastern Time | 6pm Europe
Thursday 6 May:
12:30pm India | 9am Europe | 5pm Australia
Most developers feel at ease with the SQL query languages and relational databases. It is what most of us learnt at school and they are the systems that a lot of us have the most experience with. But what about now? What changed? Do SQL databases suit the Cloud or distributed systems? The answer is no.
Join us and discover the power of NoSQL Databases with this new hands-on workshop by the DataStax Developers!
During this 2 hours session we will go into detail about what NoSQL is, where it came from, and why it is THE choice today for distributed cloud systems.
You'll get hands-on with NoSQL databases using ASTRA - a cloud-native database as a service and the easiest way to get started on your NoSQL journey, no credit card required.
- Column Oriented NoSQL Databases
- Document Oriented Databases
- Key Values oriented databases
- Graph Engine databases
If you attend live you will get the chance to win some of our special Cassandra Community Swag. We will also offer you the choice of either:
1) a voucher that entitles you to take the DataStax certification for Apache Cassandra™ exam for FREE! OR 2) $300 credit to use on Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform. The perfect place to practice your new found Cassandra knowledge!
* In order to claim one of the giveaways, you will need to attend live. You cannot receive both giveaways. *
- You will not need to install anything during the workshop - We will be working from Astra - our Cloud-native Cassandra-as-a-Service platform - no credit card required
- Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop.
- If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space