AppDevWorkshop: Building Reactive Apps with Quarkus + Cassandra
Our install-free Cassandra workshops touch upon how Cassandra is an ideal platform for instantaneous data access
Free · Online Event
Please note: There are multiple options available. The content is the SAME in all sessions. Pick the 1 most convenient for you.
Note: The default time on this page is PacificTime Local times below:
Wednesday 27 October:
8am PT | 11am ET | 5pm CET | 8.30pm IST
Thursday 28 October
Note: The default time on this page is PacificTime. Local times below:
12pm PT | 3pm ET
Introducing a BRAND NEW session by the DataStax Developers!
The seminal book Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs written by Niklaus Wirth about 50 years ago is still applicable in this modern era of microservices where speed triumphs over everything else and warrants designing performant algorithms backed by low latency data access.
Our install-free Cassandra workshops touch upon how Cassandra is an ideal platform for instantaneous data access. Quarkus is a Java framework and runtime built on technologies and standards familiar to most Java developers. It's reactive at its core, boasting extremely fast boot times and low memory utilization, while providing near-instant scale-up. This is critical for JVM apps when running on high-density container platforms such as Kubernetes. It offers a great developer experience, with capabilities such as live coding, continuous testing, and so on. If you’re a Spring or Java developer/architect, this workshop is meant for you!! Even if you’re a novice Java developer you will be able to follow along and level up your skills.
While this workshop won’t transform you into a power cloud-native programmer or architect overnight, you’ll learn by doing and taking some baby steps towards the transition. In this session, you will:
- Start from scratch by installing GraalVM
- Learn how to hook up your Quarkus app to AstraDB and end up packaging it as a native app (goodbye JVM)
- Look at features of the platform such as hot reloading, debugging, etc., which make development a joy again!
After attending the session you will better understand how Quarkus powers Java developers to build reactive applications with responsive data access today!
If you attend live you will get the chance to win some of our special Cassandra Community Swag. We will also offer you the choice of either:
1) a voucher that entitles you to take the DataStax certification for Apache Cassandra™ exam for FREE! OR 2) $300 credit to use on Astra - our cloud-native database-as-a-service. The perfect place to practice your new found Cassandra knowledge!
* In order to claim one of the giveaways, you will need to attend live. You cannot receive both giveaways. *
- You will not need to install anything during the workshop - no credit card required
- Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop.
- If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space