Build a digital library with thousands of entries using GraphQL + React
Leverage GraphQL, React and NoSQL to build your own digital library in the style of the Netflix homepage!
Free · Online Event
All of us use digital libraries almost every day, whether you’re binging Netflix or head bopping along to Spotify. But how many of us have wondered how to go about building one?
Join the DataStax Developers as we show you how to build out your own digital library in the style of the Netflix homepage using GraphQL, React, and a NoSQL database. You’ll also get to implement features like infinite scrolling and paging.
In short, the Netflix clone is a Node.js application divided into two parts: the user interface (built using React) and GraphQL, which interacts with the Astra DB database. You’ll learn how to create the database, build tables and then import data using GraphQL. You’ll also get a tour of the React code and learn to deploy the app using Netlify — all within two hours.
This workshop is great for those wanting to learn how to build an app that fetches data from a Cassandra database using the GraphQL API, as well as learn how to use pagination and slicing.
- Create your free NoSQL database
- Learn about GraphQL and create your data model
- Insert the dataset visually still using GraphQL
- Deploy your application to production with Netlify
- Finally, celebrate with your new Netflix homepage clone!
If you attend the workshop and complete the practical steps, you will receive a participation badge. Not only that, you will have the chance to win some of our Cassandra Community swag, and will receive the choice of 1) a voucher that entitles you to take the DataStax certification for Apache Cassandra™ exam for FREE! OR 2) $300 credit to use on AstraDB
- Get a head start and register for AstraDB here - no credit card required
- Streaming links will be sent out prior to the workshop.
- Join our dedicated Discord server here - this is where we like to hang out and respond to all of your questions during the workshop.
- If you have any technical questions feel free to post them to our dedicated community space