New Survey: Leveraging real-time data delivers higher revenue growth and increased developer productivity. Learn more.
Developer Newsletter: Two easy ways to access data from your Spring application
Attention Spring users! DataStax Astra offers Spring Boot users a fluent REST API to consume Cassandra data. In this new Example of the Week, we show you how to use your Astra database’s REST API with Spring Boot’s RestTemplate. Stay tuned for future examples that use GraphQL and schemaless, document-style JSON APIs! Getting started is fast and easy; Astra accounts require no credit card and are free up to 5GB.
If you prefer using Spring Data, our Build a Simple Todo Application has everything you need. This 2-hour workshop shows you how to use Spring Boot and Spring Data Cassandra to build a simple microservice-style application using the Repository API, guided by experts Mark Paluch (VMWare) and Cédrick Lunven (DataStax). Don’t forget to have a look at our updated Spring skills page which contains click-to-bootstrap hands-on learning scenarios in Katacoda!
- January 20 and 21: Deploying Your K8s Apps to the Cloud (Cloud-Native Series Part 3)
- January 26: Cassandra Meetup with Patrick McFadin on Cassandra 4.0
Community Highlights from Cassandra.Link
- Garbage Collection Tuning for Apache Cassandra (Article)
- Cassandra Troubleshooting with Logs (Article + Video)
- Cassandra Troubleshooting Tools (Github)
Notable Software Releases
- Cassandra 4.0-Beta4 (released 12/30/2020)