DataStax commits to at least 99.9% Service Availability of a Database during each calendar month. In the event DataStax does not meet the Service Availability, the Customer may be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below. This Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) applies only to paid use of DataStax Astra if the DataStax Astra Database has been up for a minimum of 24 hours, and does not apply to any other products offered by DataStax.
Month – shall be the calendar month
Emergency Maintenance – Should DataStax require to conduct unscheduled systems maintenance, it will be announced no less than 48 hours in advance and not exceed one hour of planned downtime per calendar quarter. Maintenance due to critical security or system stability concerns may be performed without announcement or prior warning.
Scheduled Maintenance - Maintenance is scheduled to occur without any impact to the Database traffic.
Service Availability – Is calculated per DataStax Astra Database on a monthly basis and is calculated:
= (the total minutes in a month - the total number of minutes of Service Outage)/ total minutes in the calendar month and rounding to the nearest 10th of one percent. Any portion of the month for which the DataStax Astra Database is Suspended or which Customer was not utilizing the Cloud Services shall be considered to have a 100% Service Availability.
Example: Based on one hour of Service Outage within a month:
43200 – 60 (43,140) / 43200 = 99.86% Availability within the month.
Service Outage – Is calculated per DataStax Astra Database on a monthly basis and is the total number of minutes during the month that the entire DataStax Astra Database was unavailable. A minute is considered unavailable if all of your continuous attempts to establish a connection to your DataStax Astra Database within the minute fail, unless such failure is due to an SLA exclusion set forth below.
Validated Service Credit – a credit due to Customer based on a missed Service Availability as further set forth below.
If the Service Availability is less than 99.9%, and if Customer has fulfilled all of its obligations under the Agreement and this SLA, DataStax will provide Customer a Service Credit for the month in which the failure to meet this SLA has occurred. The Service Credit is calculated as the percentage of the monthly Fees for the applicable DataStax Astra Database that is awarded to Customer for a validated claim for a failure to meet the SLA during that month, in accordance with the table below. SLA verification will be conducted by Datastax.
DataStax Astra Availability per Calendar Month
|Equal to or greater than 99% but less than 99.9%||10%|
|Less than 99%||15%|
A Validated Service Credit shall be credited and applied to future invoices for the applicable DataStax Astra Database. Unless otherwise provided in your agreement with DataStax covering the use of DataStax Astra, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability, non-performance, or other failure by us to provide DataStax Astra is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA. Validated Service Credits do not entitle the Customer to any cash refund or other payment from DataStax.
To be eligible for a Service Credit:
- Customer must log a support ticket with DataStax Astra in accordance with the DataStax Astra Support Policy immediately upon becoming aware of an event that impacts service availability.
- Customer must submit a claim to DataStax via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within five (5) calendar days of the month end that the incident occurred to receive a Service Credit under this SLA.
- Customer should include all information necessary for DataStax to validate the claim, including: (i) a detailed description of the events resulting in Service Outage, including your request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (with any confidential or sensitive information in the logs removed or replaced with asterisks); (ii) information regarding the time and duration of the Service Outage; (iii) the number and location(s) of affected users (if applicable); and (iv) descriptions of your attempts to resolve the Service Outage at the time of occurrence.
- Customer must reasonably assist DataStax in investigating the cause of the Service Outage and processing the claim.
- Customer must comply with your applicable DataStax Astra service agreement, applicable DataStax Astra documentation and any reasonable advice from our support or engineering teams.
Exclusions and Exceptions:
The Service Availability, Service Outage, and Customer’s entitlements to Service Credits under this SLA do not apply under the following circumstances:
- caused by factors outside of DataStax’s reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access failure or related problems beyond the demarcation point of DataStax Astra
- that result from any actions or inactions of Customer or any third party, including unauthorized modifications to the Cloud Services;
- that result from any third party services, equipment, software or other technology (including from the Cloud Provider) other than third party equipment within DataStax’s direct control;
- that arise from DataStax’s suspension or termination of Customer’s right to use the Cloud Services in accordance with the Agreement
- that result from a denial of service or similar malicious attack; or
- Emergency Maintenance