Developer Newsletter: Learn Cassandra Data Modeling with Domain-Specific Examples
Many users have asked for example Cassandra data models for their specific application domains. Good news! Our resident expert, Dr. Artem Chebotko, has put together a new course called Data Modeling By Example. This course features a guided tour through the design and use of data models in domains including:
- Sensor Data Modeling
- Messaging Data Modeling
- Digital Library Data Modeling
- Investment Data Modeling
- Time Series Data Modeling
- And more on the way…
We hope you’ll find these examples useful for learning patterns you can leverage in your own Cassandra designs.
Also, don’t miss the Advanced Data Modeling Workshop on October 21 and 22, where Artem will be joining our Developer Advocate team to walk through these examples and answer your questions.
Example of the Week
- This week’s example is CRUD Operations with NodeJS and Python - contributed by @bettinaswynnerton
- This example takes you through the basics of connecting, updating and reading records from Cassandra via DataStax Astra, with NodeJS and Python. (Sign up for your free Astra database if you haven’t already.)
- Walk through the example with Bettina: YouTube Video (Python version)
- The DataStax Examples page has gotten a facelift! Check out the new design for an easier experience identifying examples in your favorite language or framework.
- October 19: Docker Learning Path (Week 4 of a 4 week course - but you are free to join us at any time! All previous materials are available)
- October 21 & 22: Advanced Data Modeling
- October 28 & 29: Supercharge your Cassandra Data Model with new scalable indexing
- November 4 & 5: Certification Exam Preparation
Community Highlights from Cassandra.Link
- Step by Step: Datastax Cassandra with Istio and SNI routing
- Benchmarking Cassandra with Rust
- Spark Cassandra Stress