DataStax Luna Shines Bright on the G-Cloud 12 Framework
Luna, Support and Service for Apache Cassandra™, awarded a place on the UK Government’s G-Cloud 12 framework
DataStax, is pleased to announce its successful supplier status on the UK Government's G-Cloud 12 framework and listing on GOV.UK’s Digital Marketplace offering Support and Services for open-source Apache Cassandra™ also known as DataStax Luna.
What is G-Cloud?
G-Cloud helps customers in the UK public sector find and buy cloud computing services. The G-Cloud framework is an initiative which the Government started in 2012 to provide UK public sector organisations with a centralised procurement framework for the provision of cloud products and services. With the Digital Marketplace, UK public sector organisations can access Government-approved products and services without the need for a lengthy tender process.
G-Cloud selected DataStax, for a place on the G-Cloud 12 Framework which launched in September 2020.
DataStax Offering on G-Cloud 12
DataStax provides Support and Services for open-source Apache Cassandra which is Apache Cassandra Open Source Software - Support and Services and is also known as DataStax Luna.
DataStax Luna is subscription-based support for open source Apache Cassandra. Subscribers enjoy all the benefits of open source software plus peace of mind from direct access to engineers and C* committers who have authored a majority of the Cassandra code and supported some of the largest and most mission-critical Cassandra deployments.
Service features and benefits for UK public sector and government entities:
|Service features||Service benefits|
Subscription-based support for open source Cassandra
Consulting provides a Health Check to improve your Cassandra configuration
Open Source Apache Cassandra Capacity planning
Open Source Apache Cassandra installation and configuration
Guidance on Open Source Apache Cassandra data models
Migration best practices
Configuration and management of Open Source Apache Cassandra
Design and execution of appropriate load and performance test
Luna subscribers can develop and deploy applications with confidence
Luna subscribers will get support with general, technical questions
Consultancy - Time To Market e.g. accelerated development, design etc
Consultancy - Cost Reduction e.g. reduction in servers, FTE savings
Consultancy - Performance e.g. 100% availability, scaling architecture etc
Consultancy - Operational Efficiency
Consultancy - Business Continuity and Innovation e.g. data backup, recovery
Consultancy - Flexibility & Simplicity e.g. developers leverage datastore
Consultancy - Issue/Complaints Resolution
DataStax supports mission critical applications for governments around the world that require massive scale, cloud native, modern platforms for real-time performance at scale.
Use cases include:
- supporting track and trace, employment and border control initiatives
- mobile applications for citizens to interact with government agencies real-time
- tracking weather data for analytics shared across multiple agencies
- citizen portals for tracking information across multiple data sources
- analyzing financial data for budget appropriations
- law enforcement agencies tracking citizens across multiple data sources and multiple agencies
- identity, credential and access management (ICAM, IdAM, RBAC, ABAC)
- rapid ingest of real-time sensor data
- CDC for large legacy applications to aid in extracting relevant data into a microservice on a cloud native platform
- mainframe modernization strategic initiatives
- underlying platform for interagency collaboration tools
- distributed continuous operational capabilities inside mobile data sources
G-Cloud 12 comprises 3 Lots: Cloud Hosting, Cloud Software and Cloud Support. DataStax provides G Cloud 12 services and support under the Cloud Support category, listed as Apache Cassandra Open Source Software - Support and Services.
For more information on the DataStax Luna offering and your free consultation, please visit the Luna page here.