In this DataStax Developer Newsletter, we explore a project created by our friend Eddie Jaoude. We have also included some news links to external content, a video guide to the new Astra DB UI, and an open invite to our K8ssandra open source project that matches the power of Apache Cassandra® with Kubernetes to offer all developers a chance to be a part of this journey!
Hello developers of the world! Today we’d like to introduce you to a longtime DataStax friend and most-excellent coder, Eddie Jaoude. Eddie runs a popular YouTube channel with many helpful videos full of coding tips; he’s also got a vibrant and very welcoming Discord community.
In an earlier tutorial, Eddie used TypeScript and NodeJS to make a Discord bot that responds to specific words. Among other things, the bot helps EddieHub members on Discord avoid inappropriate chats by using inclusive words—it even suggests inclusive rephrasing for other chat messages. This helps automate some routine aspects of community moderation.
In the video we’re featuring here, Eddie extends the bot to make user profiles in a database directly editable via Discord chat. Check it out and subscribe to Eddie’s YouTube channel for more amazing content as his video library continues to expand!
Datastax & Apache Cassandra™ News:
- Pulsar Takes on Kafka with Uniform Architecture, Speed
- Data Services for the Masses
- Exploring data @ Netflix
- DataStax Astra DB UI Tour
- Build A Crypto Price Tracker using Node.js and Cassandra
- Apache Cassandra™ & Kubernetes = K8ssandra
Episode 2, July 14 or 15: Build your own TikTok clone!
Episode 3, July 21 or 22: Build your own Netflix clone!
Apache Cassandra™ news from Cassandra.link
- Machine Learning with Spark + Cassandra Part 2
- Cassandra ETL with Airflow and Spark
- Airflow and Cassandra for Cluster Management
- Machine Learning with Spark + Cassandra