Toggle Menu
Back to Resources
Report

Gartner Predicts 2021: Data Management Solutions — Operational Efficiency Rises to the Top

Download the 2021 Gartner Predicts report to get key insights into market trends and analysis.

Key insights include:

  • Cloud DBMS revenues for 2019 were $17 billion, up 54% from 2018; 99% of the revenue is attributed to the top 13 vendors (cloud solution providers and the largest independent software vendors), leaving only 1% for the hundreds of smaller vendors in the market.
  • Data Integration, data preparation and cleansing, data ingestion,and data exploration are among the top eight technologies that organizations would like to automate within a year.
  • Organizations tend to architect and deploy solutions oriented around data sharing and governance on a piecemeal basis. This reflects historical organizational structures as well as a lack of awareness on the business side of the data’s dependency on business outcomes: the same piece of data might be subject to multiple policies at different times.
  • According to Gartner’s 2020 Data Quality Solution Magic Quadrant Survey, poor data quality costs organizations an average of $12.9M per year. This number is likely to rise as business environments become increasingly digitized and complex.

 


Gartner Predicts 2020: Data Management Solutions, Rick Greenwald, Donald Feinberg, Mark Beyer, Adam Ronthal, Melody Chien, 5 December 2019

Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

circle patterns 2

Download Now

loading
circle patterns 2

Thanks!

Thank you for downloading Gartner Predicts 2021: Data Management Solutions — Operational Efficiency Rises to the Top - we hope you enjoy it! Check out more recommended content below and be sure to subscribe for new updates and announcements about DataStax.

Download Now